Sunday, January 21, 2018

Repairs Begin On The "Haunted House"



It isn't really haunted, but that's what some of the neighbors call it.  This is the house next to the local Denver bookstore where I work that was struck by a tree during a windstorm, which put a sizable hole in the roof and front wall.  And it has stayed that way for a year and a half.  About 6 months ago I saw a condemnation notice in the fence in front of it, and was sure it would be soon torn down.  That is why I was so surprised that a construction crew has finally started working on it.  They are filling in the outside wall and roof, but I have to wonder what the inside of the place is like after being open to the elements for so many months?  I would be afraid that if I moved in there, one night I might wake up and see god knows what kind of animal who has been living there for 2 years, staring at you with glowing red eyes.  Great - a new pet!

No comments:

Post a Comment