Friday, January 26, 2018

My Mother's 102nd Birthday!



Today would have been my mother Mary's 102nd birthday if she were alive today, and therefore I thought it was very appropriate to feature a photograph of her posing in front of a birthday cake in the dining room of our home in the south side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago.  And whose birthday was it?  Judging by the fact that the photograph was taken in the 1950s or early 60s and the small number of candles on the cake, I would say mine.  However, since my sister Susan's birthday was the day before mine, and my mother's birthday just a week later, we often celebrated our birthdays together, to my sister's chagrin.  Not only did she get  a baby brother instead of the baby sister she wanted, but she got her birthday taken away in the process.  What can I say?  Life is tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment