Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Into The Sun



I just finished reading Into The Sun, a recent novel by Deni Ellis Bechard, and let me tell you, this is one depressing novel. Before I figured this out, I had already read 100 pages and was damned if I was not going to finish it after putting in all that time.  The book centers around the ex-pat community in Kabul, Afghanistan, and I thought that it would be about life as a war correspondent, but it is much more involved the that. Throughout the book there are numerous flashbacks telling the story of each characters life up to that point, and without exception all of them had very traumatic childhoods.  The crux of the story is a car bombing that kills 3 of the main characters, and a journalist who wants to find out why they were targeted.  It is well written, and an interesting story, but still not my kind of thing.  Time to something to read with a few laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment