Tuesday, January 30, 2018

It Takes A Village



At least that is what the University of Denver is thinking these days.  I took a walk around the DU campus Sunday afternoon, where I took the photographs seen in the above collage.  As you can see, DU has a very pretty campus, but they are not happy with the look of the northeast part of it and the surrounding neighborhood.  They want to build a "village" there, which will provide an upscale "gateway" into the campus. I have been worried that they might have their sights set on my condo building - which sits on DU's northern boundary - as a possible hotel site.  However, I recently heard a rumor from my friend Mark that they want to build their centerpiece hotel on the site of a Conoco Gas Station and local bar called the Crimson and Gold, which have long been targets of DU's aesthetic criticism.  Nothing personal, but better them than me.  It's every man (and woman) for him or herself here in "The Village."

No comments:

Post a Comment