Saturday, January 27, 2018

The Final Friday Of January



Time flies when you are having fun.  Are we having fun yet? For those who don't realize it, yesterday was the final Friday of January, and February is lurking out there, ready to spring, offering such delights as Groundhog Day, Valentines's Day, and the start of baseball spring training.  Meanwhile, I attended the Denver Art Museum's first Final Friday event after it's annual two month hiatus.  I did visit the museum in the interim, however, and am sad to say that none of the exhibits have changed.  That is not to say they are not interesting and worth seeing, but I have already seen them, and want something new.  On the bright side, the long awaited art exhibit Degas: A Passion For Perfection will be opening February 11th. And so in the meantime, I focused last night on a few of the events and performances taking place, and reviewed the art in the galleries that are still open, such as the fish in the above photograph.  I was pondering whether this would look good on the couch over my living room, and also how the hell much the museum paid for it.  It turned out to be a short evening.  I must say, now that the North Building is closed for renovations, and the buffet table is gone, a lot of my artistic interest has dissipated.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment