Thursday, January 11, 2018

The National Western Stock Show - For Free!



I heard over the radio driving to work Tuesday morning that grounds admission at the National Western Western Stock Show was free that day. That evening I drove home to get my camera and got to the Denver Colosseum by about 7:15.  I immediately headed to the livestock area and took a number of photographs, and then headed up the stairs to the main floor. I still wanted to take photographs of the animals in the petting zoo, and so headed up to the third floor.  The petting zoo was closed, but all the animals were still there, resting up after a hard day of heavy petting.  I wanted to take a photograph of a llama - Alpaca? - but couldn't get it to look at me.  I moved a little closer, and wound up knocking down an entire row of plastic stanchions surrounding the pen. That got the llamas attention ( seen in the photograph above), as well as a few other animals, too.  Probably thought I was going to spring them.  Sorry about that, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment