Saturday, April 20, 2024

A Change In The Weather





Exactly one week ago today, Denver experienced its first 80-degree temperature, but less than a week later the snow and cold is back. As usual, the mountains and foothills got hit with the snow first. Things started to deteriorate a couple of days ago. My sister Susan and I went driving through Evergreen, in the foothills west of Denver, Thursday and Friday, to check out the scenery. On Thursday, I took the photograph on the left of a meadow on Upper Bear Creek Road, as fog started to descend on the area. The building in the foreground is no doubt a fixer-upper that you might be able to snag for less than a million. I am sure someone with minimal home repair skills could turn it into a cozy "forever home" in no time.




Yesterday, the fog was worse, and the snow started up there during the afternoon. I took the photograph on the right of Evergreen Lake as the snow began. Evergreen is a really nice Denver suburb, and Upper Bear Creek Road is lined with many expensive homes, some of them resembling castles. I like driving that particular stretch because you can often see lots of wildlife. Yesterday, a herd of deer started to cross the road in front of me, before darting back into the forest. And just a little further on, there was a herd of elk sitting in a meadow above the road. Unfortunately, there is no place to pull over on that particular stretch. Sometimes, I have just stopped the car in the middle of the road to snap a photo, but yesterday, there was always a car behind me, no doubt a local resident heading to the grocery store to stock up on supplies, and I suspect they might have become a bit impatient if I tried to do that with them behind me. And I don't imagine the argument that I was taking a great wildlife photograph would have persuaded them differently.  Philistines.


No comments:

Post a Comment