Tuesday, April 16, 2024

The 2024 College Hockey National Champions Celebrate At Magness Arena


This past Saturday, the DU Pioneers defeated the Boston College Eagles to win their record setting 10th College Hockey National Championship, and yesterday, at Magness Arena, located on the University of Denver Campus, right across from my condo, they celebrated their victory. Since I only had to walk across the street, I decided to head over there, where I took the photograph above. And they seemed to have a pretty good-sized crowd. I know they must have had at least 1500 people, since they were giving away souvenir posters to the first 1500 fans and I did not get one. Bummer. At the ceremony, one of the Colorado Avalanche television broadcasters started the evening off with a few words, and then the Athletic Director spoke. When he finished, he invited the team and the coaches to take their seats, after which the highlights of the tournament were played on the center-hung television screens. After that, the AD said it was time to hear from the players. Which I assumed meant that every one of them would have something to say, and would take until next hockey season to end. Therefore, I decided to head home for dinner. Congratulations DU Pioneers! Hope your celebration ended in time to make your morning classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment