Thursday, April 18, 2024

The April Mutt Of The Month





I took the photograph on the left of the April Mutt of the Month this past Saturday at the Denver Beer Company on South Downing Street here in Denver. The place was hopping, and there were dogs all over the place. All the action was, of course, out on the patio, while inside a few diehard University of Denver fans were watching the DU Pioneers beat Boston College to win their 10th national championship. It wasn't until after the end of the game that my sister Susan and I headed home, and driving through the DU neighborhood, all seemed serene. Later I learned that the very street we were driving on was the site of a huge victory celebration by DU students, complete with the burning of several sofas. When the hell that happened, I don't know. I even took a walk down University later on and saw nothing. But no matter - the crowd at the Denver Beer Company preferred to celebrate out on the patio with their pints and dogs. Beats standing in the middle of Evans Avenue burning sofas any day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment