Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Esmeralda's Lounge - Another WGN News At Nine Exclusive!


I still watch the WGN News at Nine on my computer whenever I can to see what is happening back in my old hometown of Chicago. I remember they used to have a regular feature that reviewed various restaurants, but it seems to have gone by the wayside. Which is why I was so happy to see a story the other day about Esmeralda's Lounge in the Humboldt Park neighborhood, a Caribbean-style tiki bar. The story was mainly about its cocktails, many of which the bartender sets on fire, right on top of the bar, as seen in the photograph above. I have to wonder if the Chicago Fire Department knows about this place. As I recall, the story started with scenes of San Juan, Puerto Rico, which the reporter mentioned visiting before heading to Esmeralda's. I wasn't paying too much attention until they set the bar on fire, but I also have to wonder if WGN actually sent a reporter to Puerto Rico as background for this story. If so, I definitely want to work there. And if you live in the Chicago area, be sure to check the place out. However, I do recommend you bring a portable fire extinguisher with you just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment