Monday, April 15, 2024

Getting Together With More Of The Old DU Bookstore Gang


I hosted a get-together yesterday evening with some of the old DU Bookstore gang in the clubroom of my condo, fittingly enough right across the street from the University of Denver. And I am glad that we got together last night instead of Saturday night, when students were celebrating the DU hockey team winning the National Championship around the neighborhood, sometimes blocking the streets in the process. In any case, it was fun to get together and catch up with what everyone is doing. We all are retired now, and none of us has visited the now Follett run DU Bookstore in a while. I have walked past it a few times, and the sales floor is always empty. I've never even seen staff on the floor most of the time. Surely they couldn't have laid off everyone? In any case, from left to right in the photograph above are Jake, whose late wife Valarie was the DU Bookstore's Operations Manager; Chris, who was the store's Accounts Payable Assistant, and her husband Jim; Darrel, the bookstore's Accounts Payable Supervisor and his wife Linda, and my sister Susan. I, of course, was the store's Finance Manager until the bookstore was outsourced to Follett Higher Education Group. And am now happily no longer having to deal with Follett.

No comments:

Post a Comment