Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Broadway Danny Rose Kind Of Thanksgiving


My sister Susan and brother-in-law George decided to postpone Thanksgiving until Friday, so today I was on my own.  I decided to celebrate the day with a "Broadway Danny Rose" kind of Thanksgiving.  In that 1980s era Woody Allen movie, Danny Rose would entertain his show business clients each Thanksgiving with individual frozen turkey dinners, which they all agreed was just as good as the real thing.  And in point of fact, my dinner tonight did indeed taste just as good as a regular Thanksgiving Day meal.  On the other hand, I am also a dedicated Maxwell House instant coffee drinker, and I firmly believe that instant coffee is just as good, if not better, than a cup of Starbucks. Deal with it, all you gourmets out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment