Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Damn Yankees


John, who works at the DU Bookstore and is also a University of Denver student, is flying home to Atlanta tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving with his family.  John and I got into a conversation this afternoon about the relative busyness of Atlanta's Hartsfield airport versus Chicago's O'Hare (my former hometown airport).  I mentioned that Chicago got its start as a railroad hub, and John mentioned that Atlanta was a railroad hub too, until Illinois' General Grant destroyed the place.  I pointed out that it was actually General Sherman (another Illinois native) who put the torch to the place, but John didn't seem to think that was an important detail.  One Illinois Yankee is the same as any other, I guess.  You don't think Atlantans are still bitter after all these years, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment