Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wally Runs Into Michelle!


Wally, my friend and colleague at the DU Bookstore (pictured above in a rather pensive mood) ran into Michelle R, a former Bookstore employee, at the Vine Street Pub the other night.  Wally tells me that Michelle is looking good and doing very well, working as a librarian after graduating from the University of Denver.  I'm glad to hear that Michelle is doing so well, but the mention of the Vine Street Pub sends shivers up my spine.  I went in there once with my friend Stuart for burgers and beers, and after ordering drinks, we suddenly realized that they didn't take credit cards.  It was a desperate few minutes until we came up with enough money to pay for 2 beers and slink out.  We missed an evening of doing dishes by inches.  Don't get me wrong - the Vine Street Pub has great food and a wonderful selection of beers - just remember to bring your checkbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment