Saturday, November 24, 2012

Cruising For Carolers


I saw in the newspaper that the Third Annual Victorian Home Tour in the Upper Colfax neighborhood of Denver was taking place this Saturday, and decided to check it out.  The cost of the tour was FIFTEEN DOLLARS - not that I am cheap or anything - so I decided to just check out the neighborhood and see if I could get a photograph of The Original Dickens Carolers, who were scheduled to perform that afternoon in front of the Castle Marne Bed and Breakfast at 16th and Race Streets. In point of fact, I was very impressed with the neighborhood.  In a two block square area could be found the Castle Marne Bed and Breakfast, the Vine Street Brewpub, St. Mark's Coffee House, the Thin Man Pub, Pete's Kitchen, and the iconic Satire Lounge. Talk about a great neighborhood!  Plus, I actually did wind up seeing The Original Dickens Carolers, took their photograph, and saved fifteen bucks in the bargain.  Talk about a win-win situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment