Friday, November 30, 2012

A Visit From Chris


Chris, a former DU Bookstore employee, is living the good life working at University of Denver's Chemistry Department three days a week.  She stopped by the Bookstore today to say hello and catch up on what is happening at the store.  Chris mentioned that she went to her cousin's house for Thanksgiving Dinner this year, but will  be doing all the cooking on Christmas.  I told her that I will also be hosting a dinner on Christmas Day, and took the opportunity to ask if she thought it would be wise to cook a turkey I have had in my freezer since last Thanksgiving.  Chris advised me to be cautious and make sure I don't poison all my guests, at least not on Christmas Day.  Wise advice indeed.  On the other hand, the emergency rooms will surely be open Christmas Night - decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment