Monday, September 1, 2014

A Trip To Clear Lake - Postponed


Today is Labor Day, and I had hoped to drive to Clear Lake, Iowa this weekend to take photographs and start my Blurb Book project based on the scrapbook / photo album of Viola Thayer, which featured many photographs and picture postcards of that famous north central Iowa city.  Viola was my Great Aunt (my Grandfather Hoyt's half sister) and passed away in 1910 at the age of 17.  One of  the photographs in her album is of my Grandmother and Grandfather Hoyt (seen above), most likely taken before they moved from Clear Lake to the South Side of Chicago.  Although I was not able to travel there this weekend, I still intend to visit there soon, and also take a weekend trip to Chicago's South Side to continue work on the book. Both Clear Lake and the South Side of Chicago!  Talk about the good life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment