Thursday, September 11, 2014

Mary Ann Is Coming To The Tattered Cover!


Yes, it's true.  Mary Ann (THE Mary Ann of Gilligan's Island fame) is coming to the Tattered Cover Bookstore on Colfax here in Denver to autograph copies of her new book What Would Mary Ann Do?: A Guide to Life. I am so excited about her September 22nd visit that I don't know if I will be able to stand the wait without the aid of prescription drugs.  Mary Ann's upcoming appearance has reignited that era's long forgotten argument between my friend Stuart and myself - would you rather be trapped on Gilligan's Island with Mary Ann (me) or Ginger (Stuart).  The only down side is that the Tattered Cover's Featured Events brochure states that "the event is a booksigning only.  Ms. Wells (Mary Ann) will not be making remarks or taking questions."  I hope she isn't going to go into a mime routine during the signing.  That would be awkward.  Plus, all that white face paint would not make for good photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment