Saturday, September 27, 2014

Final Friday Already?


It seems like I was just complaining about the buffet selections at the Denver Art Museum's Final Friday event, and here I was once again last night standing in line, filling my plate with food.  It reminds me of the old Woody Allen joke about two older women at a resort in the Catskills. One complains about how lousy the food is.  The other replies "Yes, and such small portions, too."  But this monthly event is not about food for the body but food for the soul, and so after I stuffed myself with hors d'oeuvres, I attended a brief talk by DAM curator Angelica Daneo about the museum's European portrait collection (see photograph above). It was very interesting and informative, although I must say that every single portrait the Italian born Daneo discussed seemed to have some Italian influence or connection.  Even after 2000 years, all roads still seem to lead to Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment