Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A Change Of Heart About Joan Miro


The last time I viewed the later work of Joan Miro, currently on display at the Denver Art Museum, I didn't like it at all, and mentioned that on this Blog.  However, this past Friday night I stopped in to look at it again during the museum's monthly Last Friday event, and I actually liked it.  The colors of his paintings are bright and cheerful, and you can actually recognize the human forms and other objects in his abstract work. Much of his art seems to be quite whimsical and humorous.  Evidently, for me at least, whether I like a piece of contemporary artwork or not often depends on my mood, and even on the day of the week I look at it.  And that leads to an important piece of advice.  Do not buy an expensive piece of art on a Friday.  You might hate yourself for it by Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment