Saturday, June 6, 2015

First Friday!





Last night was "First Friday" on Santa Fe Boulevard here in Denver, the monthly art walk that I feel impelled to say involves just as much eating and drinking as admiring the art.  Because of my part-time job in the evenings, this was the first First Friday I have been able to attend since January.  It was quite a bit warmer last night than in January, as I remember, and the food trucks on the side streets have multiplied like prairie dogs on the Colorado plains.  In any case, the streets were packed with happy art lovers, and the weather was very pleasant, at least until around 8:00 P.M.when the skies opened up (yes, it is still raining here every day, sports fans), and I had to seek shelter, against my wishes, at the Renegade Brewpub on the corner of 9th and Santa Fe and nurse a Righteous IPA until the rain let up.  A fun evening all around.  Not as fun as working a part-time job until midnight, but fun none-the-less.          

No comments:

Post a Comment