Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Highlands Street Fair


Last Saturday was the 33rd annual Highlands Street Fair, and I must say it was far larger and crowded than I expected.  The West Highlands is a very trendy neighborhood just to the northwest of downtown Denver. When I first moved to Denver in 1981, it was touted as the the "low cost" alternative to Washington Park, and I briefly thought of buying a house there, but sadly didn't.  Another lost opportunity.  And actually, my friend Valarie did buy a house in the Highlands - an old Victorian, no less - and lived there happily for many years, until the joys of maintaining a century old house lost it's charm.  The neighborhood looks great, and it is a fun and hip place to hang out.  Naturally I fit in there perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment