Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Dancing In The Streets!


Today I am featuring a photograph of my sister Susan and mother Mary, taken in April of 1998 at the Pirate's Loft Restaurant in Port Salerno, not too far away from my mother's condo in Stuart, Florida.  I am planning to head down there this August to make sure everything is okay and that the place is ready to rent this coming January. I plan to arrange my trip so that I will be there for Stuart's annual "Dancing in the Streets Street Festival," nicknamed "Drinking In the Streets" by local wags. Last year the festival was moved to a local park, which I imagine was not a great success, since this year it will once again be held in downtown Stuart.  And I must admit that in the 40 years I have been visiting Stuart, I have never once attended this event.  The one time I was really serious about attending, it rained like hell all day and night and I said to hell with it.  But perhaps this is the year I will actually show up.  Get ready, people of Stuart!

No comments:

Post a Comment