Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Good Day To Avoid Downtown


Yesterday there was a parade and a big celebration in Civic Center Park to congratulate the Denver Broncos on their Super Bowl victory.  The reports on the radio said a million people attended, which is quite a crowd for Denver, since the metropolitan area has only a total of 2,700,000 people and the entire state 5,000,000.  Not that I question the estimate, but that meant that one out of every 5 people in Colorado was downtown yesterday.  Although I love to walk from the bookstore where I work on East Colfax Avenue downtown to Union Station whenever I can, and take the Light Rail train home, yesterday was definitely not the day to do it.  It definitely must have felt a little claustrophobic in that crowd.  And I don't even feel bad about using a photo of a Denver sunset that I took last summer for today's Blog,  instead of a photograph of yesterday's frenzied scene.  So there.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is really good photograph. Liked it, and like you I also avoid crowded places. Anyhow I like the way you write blog.

    ReplyDelete