Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Winter Storm





The big snowstorm predicted for Monday and Tuesday here in Denver came in with a whimper.  Traffic was moving at it's normal pace, and the main streets were snow free.  As you can see from the photo on the left, taken yesterday morning, the side streets did have some snow on them, but not all that much.  I came up from my office in the basement several times during the day, and each time I looked, it was no longer snowing



Had the weather forecasters blown it again?  It sure looked like it, until I walked to the parking garage that evening and found that the temperatures had dropped, the storm had finally intensified, and the roads were now snow-packed.  I was all set to make fun of the weather geeks, and now it appears they were right.  I personally find that maddening.  Plus, it is still snowing this morning and now I have to drive to work in this mess. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment