Sunday, February 21, 2016

DU Hockey At Coors Field!


There was quite a lot of excitement in the air as I drove through the University of Denver campus yesterday. Everyone was wearing their DU hockey jerseys, and groups of students were walking to the Light Rail Station across the street from campus to catch the train downtown.  As I drove up University Boulevard toward my workplace, a DU student was hanging out the window and whooping, waving his DU hat in the air.  Then I remembered that the DU hockey team was going to play Colorado College, their arch rival, at Coors Field in lower downtown Denver that night.  I decided to drive downtown after work, walk around, and join in the celebratory atmosphere.  The temperature was almost 70 degrees yesterday afternoon, and so I don't know how they kept the ice frozen, but they evidently did, because the game went on and 35,000 people attended the game.  I walked around the stadium during the second period break, and a lot of people seemed to be leaving early, but it is only hockey, after all.  And DU won, too, by a score of 4 to something. If you want details, you're reading the wrong Blog.  In any case, I just hope they don't ruin the center field grass playing these damn hockey games there.  After all, opening day for baseball at Coors Field is only a little over a month away.

No comments:

Post a Comment