Sunday, September 19, 2021

A Little Wisconsin Nostalgia


In honor of my recent visit to the State of Wisconsin, I am today featuring a photograph of myself and a friend taken during a family vacation on Lake Wisconsin back in the late 1950s or early 1960s. Of course, it was Bayfield County that I recently visited, which borders Lake Superior, and Lake Wisconsin is actually in the south central part of the state. But after all, it is still Wisconsin. What I remember most about those vacations - besides that deer - is that you had to take a rickety old car ferry across the Wisconsin River from Lodi to Merrimac, near where I remember we were staying. Sadly, that ferry has now been replaced by a bridge, which I think is a real shame. Taking that ferry back and forth multiple times during our stay there was one of the highlights of the trip. I humbly suggest tearing that damn bridge down, and getting that ferry out of mothballs, even if it is over 60 years old. They built things to last back then, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment