Sunday, September 12, 2021

More Brainerd Nostalgia


Today I am featuring a photograph of my mother Mary, taken in the backyard of our house in the Southside Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago, sometime in the late 1950s or early 1960s. My mother just loved that house, and even hated leaving it to go on vacation. The back porch (seen in the background) was added on later, after I was born, and functioned as a really nice, wood-paneled den. I really miss that house and the Brainerd neighborhood. I visited it when I went back to Chicago 11 years ago (I took my first blog photograph there), and both the house and neighborhood still seemed really nice. But I guess what I really miss is the past, and you can't go back and visit that unless you can get hold of a DeLorean automobile and a flux capacitor, which believe it or not, O'Reilly Auto Parts does feature on their website. Seriously! Check it out at https://www.oreillyauto.com/flux-500.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment