Friday, September 24, 2021

No Time For Portraits





Most of the time, this tiger at the Denver Zoo is perfectly willing to pose for a photograph, but not this past Monday afternoon. As seen in the photograph on the left, it was lounging in the grass when my sister Susan and I walked up to the viewing window, but then immediately walked past us into a corner, out of sight, when I started taking photos. I just hate it when zoo animals get camera shy. I say get those interns into the compound, give them some long poles, and have them move those cats into view.







On the other hand, the Colobus monkey, seen in the photograph on the right, never looks me in the eye when I visit the zoo. All it does is stare off into the distance, looking very depressed. And I suspect it probably is, locked up for life in a small compound, constantly being hassled by it's roommates, repeating the same routine day in and day out. Does the zoo even provide counseling for these animals? At the very least, many of them should be on anti-depressants. Be sure to contact Denver Zoo officials about this issue, although please don't mention my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment