Saturday, September 4, 2021

The Poudre River - Back To Normal?


It has been over a month since mudslides from the Cameron Peak burn scar caused havoc in Poudre Canyon, just to the northwest of Fort Collins, Colorado, but happily, everything seems to be back to normal. My sister Susan and I, along with her dog Blackberry, drove up to Poudre Park Thursday afternoon, and everything looked very copacetic, at least as far up the canyon as we went, which truth be told was not that far. I took the photograph above of someone actually fishing in the river, which implies that there are fish in there, and that those fish survived the disaster. Of course, I have never actually seen a fish in one of Colorado's rivers or lakes, just as I have never seen an actual moose in either Colorado or Wyoming. I still say the existence of moose in this region is a myth promulgated by the tourist industry. As far as I am concerned, you are much more likely to see a unicorn. And as far as fish in Colorado go, the jury is still out.

No comments:

Post a Comment