Friday, September 3, 2021

September At The Zoo Part II







As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I went to take some photographs at the Denver Zoo yesterday afternoon, and was happy to see that the zebras were all out and about and walking around their compound, instead of sticking their faces in the feeding trough the entire day, like they usually do. The zebra on the left was even taking time to smell the flowers along the way, and when it got done, it walked right over to where I was standing and posed for a portrait. He or she kept standing there by the fence, and I got the feeling it wanted me to come over and visit. Of course, if I did that, I would be grabbed by security and put in the zoo's dungeon, probably for many years. 






One of the tigers was out and about, too, although it was pacing back and forth along one side of it's compound, and I was lucky to get the photo on the right, even though it was not looking me in the eye. I suspect it was distracted by something else, possibly some young children he or she thought would make a tasty meal. Dream on, big guy.





The clouded leopard was also pacing it's cage, and seen in the photo on the left. I have featured this cat before. For years, there was both a male and female in the compound, and they produced a number of cubs. However, after the kids left home, and they were empty nesters, they began to quarrel, and had to be separated. It's the same old story. Today they have joint custody of the compound, and take turns roaming it.



No comments:

Post a Comment