Friday, September 10, 2021

Walking The Ile Saint-Louis


I have been watching a lot of PBS's Rick Steves Europe episodes lately, and thinking about the last trip I took to Europe with my sister Susan, back in May of 2019. One of my favorite memories is walking along the Seine on the Ile Saint-Louis, located in the middle of the Seine River in Paris, just across from the Ile de la Cite, where Notre Dame is located. This island is one of the most expensive neighborhoods in Paris, and walking along those sidewalks, with those beautiful buildings, and the view of the river, is a joy. I took the photograph above on one of my walks. I suppose I could go back there, knock on doors, and make an offer to buy their place at a price I could afford, but on the other hand, I don't want to wind up in a Paris jail. The one that housed Marie Antoinette, before she was beheaded, is still in use on the Ile de la Cite. Talk about bad karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment