Sunday, February 19, 2023

Spring Training At Roger Dean Stadium


Spring training games will be starting February 25th in Arizona and Florida, including at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter, Florida, where I have often watched the Miami Marlins and St. Louis Cardinals train when visiting my mother Mary in nearby Stuart. It is a nice facility, although these days spring training parks are considered revenue generators, and resemble mini-versions of the team's home stadiums. Gone are the rickety old parks where everyone, fans and players alike, entered and exited from the same gates. I once ran into Steve Garvey when leaving Dodgertown in Vero Beach. I apologized, but he just glared at me and walked on, the jerk. And by the way, the photograph above is of my mother Mary at a Florida State League baseball game at Roger Dean Stadium that I took years ago. Happy baseball memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment