Tuesday, February 28, 2023

The World Turned Upside Down - I Am Starting To Download Kindle Books


I went onto the Amazon web site yesterday looking for new books by my favorite authors, and was happy find that Tom Corcoran has a new Alex Rutledge Key West mystery out, titled A Step Beyond Chaos. However, I was surprised to find that it is only available in a Kindle version. What is the world coming to these days, anyway? Coup attempts by the ex-president, the Russian invasion of Ukraine, climate change, and  now this. When I calmed down a bit, I noticed a tab at the bottom of the page that said you could download an app and read the book on any computer, phone, or i-pad, without having to buy a special reader. Then I remembered that I brought my late brother-in-law George's i-pad home from my sister Susan's townhouse when I was packing the place up, getting it ready for sale. And in no time - OK, I admit it, after googling instructions and updating the i-pad to the latest version, as well as updating the google browser itself, among other problems that took me all morning, I downloaded the book. What an improvement from just buying a book and taking it home, or having it shipped to you. Progress at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment