Tuesday, July 30, 2019

The 2019 Cheesman Park Art Fest




In addition to Denver's Dragon Boat Festival, I attended the 7th annual Cheesman Park Art Fest this past weekend.  This is a one of my favorite art shows, much more laid back than the Cherry Creek Art Festival and Boulder's Pearl Street Art Fest.  For one thing, it takes place in a tree shaded park, and many (although certainly not all) the artists are from Colorado. There were also a large number of photography booths, too, which I especially liked.  Looking at these local Denver photographer's work gives me a lot of ideas of what I could do myself, if I ever get up enough ambition to take my photography seriously.  Don't hold your breath.




I especially liked the work of photographer Andrew Roth, whose work includes portraits of people from around the world.  I know I have seen his work before, because I distinctly remember the black and white photograph of a man kissing his camel, as seen in the photograph on the right. There are very few camel kissing photographs in the world, although I think there certainly should be more. As far as camel kissing is concerned, Roth has the market on that, but perhaps I should seriously think of something similar to make my mark. Perhaps burro kissing. Just this past weekend Burro Days took place in Fairplay, Colorado, and featured a pack burro race up a mountain and back.  How hard could it be to get those racers to to give their burros a smooch? Perhaps next year I will attend that festival, take some great photographs.  But for now, be sure to check out Andrew Roth's website at http://www.andrewrothphotography.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment