Sunday, July 21, 2019

The Denver County Fair





My friend Mark and I went to the Denver County Fair yesterday afternoon to see what it was like.  I attended the very first Denver County Fair many years ago, but don't remember much about it.  The event bills itself as "fairly weird," and it certainly was that.  People were dressed up there as I don't know what, but were very enthusiastic.  There was a freak show, which we skipped, and a hot dog eating contest hosted by a man wearing a hot dog hat. And not an attractive hot dog hat, either.  The best part of the fair was the animals, such as the alpaca in the photograph on the left.


There were several events that we missed, one of which was goat yoga. Mark tells me that goat yoga is a type of yoga where the goats climb up your back. Who wouldn't like that?  The Denver County Fair Beer Fest was going to take place at 4:00 P.M., but to be honest, 2 hours at the fair was quite enough.  It was worth the $10 entrance fee - after all, I did get some good animal photos, like the llama seen in the photograph on the right. And there was a table for the Denver Aquarium, too, which neither Mark or I have ever visited.   It opened a number of years ago, later was about to close, and then was taken over by a seafood restaurant.  The women at the table were promoting the aquarium's Tiger Fest next weekend, and suggested we attend.  I asked if the tigers were allowed to run free in the aquarium, and was told they certainly would, and we could even take tiger rides.  Sign me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment