Tuesday, July 9, 2019

The Cherry Creek Arts Festival - Part II





As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I went to the Cherry Creek Arts Festival Sunday to check out what is new in the art world, and had a pretty nice time, despite the fact that it was sunny and hotter than hell.  My sister Susan also came down from Fort Collins to attend the show, and can be seen in the photograph on the left checking out one of the photography booths.  Most of the photography at the festival was very good, especially the black and white images, some of which were infrared, a type of film I wished I had used back when I was doing black and white photography.


There was a lot of other nice artwork on display, too, although I myself am not as enthused with the owl and fox paintings seen in the photograph on the right as my sister. The last time Susan attended this festival, by the way, was back in 2015, along with her husband George and myself. George started out with us, but couldn't walk too much due to heart trouble, and told us he would wait for us at the bar at John Elway's Steakhouse, located just across the street in the Cherry Creek Shopping Center.  After touring the event, we met George at the bar for a beer.  It was the first - and for that matter - the last time I was in the place.  It is, needless to say, pricey, and pricey makes me nervous.  I think we drove over to Kaos, the pizza restaurant/beer garden on Denver's South Pearl Street for dinner, instead of applying for a loan so we could dine at Elway's.  Always a sound decision as far as I am concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment