Tuesday, July 2, 2019

The Zoo In Early Summer









I went to the Denver Zoo this past Saturday afternoon to take a few photographs.  The temperature was in the 90s, and so many of the animals were resting in the shade to escape the heat.  Plus, the animal houses are air-conditioned, and so if the doors were open, many of the animals decided to head in there - these guys are not stupid.  However, the giraffes were all out in force, and I was happy to find one who wanted to pose for a photo, as seen on the left.










The Cape Buffalo, seen in the photograph on the right, also seemed willing to be photographed.  I have heard somewhere that the Cape Buffalo is one of the most dangerous of African animals, although I am not sure why.  They seem perfectly peaceful to me.  I would even suggest that adding Cape Buffalo rides at the zoo would boost attendance, but nobody listens to my ideas, and so why try? And an important fact - the American buffalo is not really a buffalo at all - it is a bison.  Be sure not to call them buffaloes if you happen to run into a herd of them - they will get testy.

No comments:

Post a Comment