Friday, January 24, 2020

Rick Steves is Returning To Denver!



Next month none other than travel guru Rick Steves - host of the PBS television series Rick Steves Europe and seen in the above photo I took of him back in March of 2018 - will be returning to Denver to speak at the Denver Travel and Adventure Show.  Rick attends this show every other year, and I am happy to report that this is indeed our year. He draws a huge crowd, mostly people around my age (my friend Doug, a former University of Denver textbook buyer, once referred to Rick as the Lawrence Welk of travel), and the line waiting to get into the Colorado Convention Center just before his talk runs all around the block.  If you buy one of his books, and have him sign it, you might get to speak with him a few minutes, but I am, of course, too cheap to do that. Last time, I did happen to pass him going into the men's room after his last lecture, but I felt it might be a bit tacky to engage him in conversation at the urinal.  But perhaps not - maybe this year that might be the best way to have a chat. Right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment