Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Spring Training Is Exactly Four Weeks Away!



It may be cold, snowy, and depressing outside, but baseball's spring training is only 4 weeks away.  Plus, my cousin John and his wife Barb have bought a home in a 55+ development in Tucson, Arizona, just a short drive from the spring training camps in the Phoenix area.  I told John that I intend to drive down there to watch all of the Chicago White Sox, Chicago Cubs, and Colorado Rockies exhibition games, and stay with them while I do so at their new place.  Of course, being a sensitive sort of person, I also reassured them that I would not overstay my welcome, remembering the old adage that fish and visitors stink after 6 weeks. Which is exactly how long spring training lasts.  How perfect is that?  

No comments:

Post a Comment