Sunday, January 26, 2020

Walking The South Platte



For a change of pace, I decided to drive down to Littleton, Colorado the other day and spend a few hours hiking along the South Platte River, seen in the photograph above.  Years ago, I attended a concert at The Platte River Bar and Grill, featuring a band that Marty - onetime DU Bookstore textbook buyer - played guitar for.  The place had a large outdoor venue, and I noticed a trail behind it along the Platte that looked kind of interesting.  That was 7 years ago, and yesterday I finally decided to check it out (and yes, I do tend to procrastinate a bit).  I found a parking spot at Hudson's Gardens, just down the street from that bar, and spent several hours exploring the riverside trail.  There was a lot of open space and wilderness around, unlike the riverfront closer to Denver, which consists mostly of factories, warehouses, and commercial outlets.  It definitely made for a pleasant day, and was only a short drive from Denver, too.  What could be more perfect?

No comments:

Post a Comment