Saturday, January 11, 2020

The National Western Stock Show Parade



This past Thursday morning I headed down to Denver's 17th Street (the financial district) to take some photographs of the annual National Western Stock Show Parade. I was hoping to take the iconic (my sister Susan hates that word, by the way, feeling that it is way too overused, but I digress) photograph of cowboys herding longhorn cattle in front of Denver's Union Station, but once again failed.  The only way to take that kind of photograph is to be standing in the middle of the street, facing the oncoming beasts, but if I did that, I would probably be arrested, and so to hell with it.  I wound up with the photograph above, showing the cattle being herded past the Oxford Hotel, which was around when cattle probably still did walk past those doors on a regular basis.  And how great is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment