Thursday, January 9, 2020

The Zoo In January






As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I went to the Denver Zoo this past Saturday afternoon, and since the weather was warm and sunny, all the animals were out and about, even one of the tigers, which have been very reticent the past couple of months. After pacing the compound for a bit, I was very pleased that the tiger in the photo on the left leaped up onto it's perch and was willing to pose for me. Next time I should probably bring a raw steak and toss it into the compound as a reward.






On the other hand, the Black Handed Spider Monkey was hanging out close to the front of it's cage, but refused to look me in the eye.  It simply stared out into space, looking glum.  You can't blame it, of course, since it is confined to such a small space with no hope of escape.  Perhaps the zoo should let zoo visitors take turns taking him or her home on the weekends.  A change of scene might be just what it needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment