Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter!



I must confess that I own only three photographs that I know for sure were taken at Easter:  one of my father Nelson and mother Mary in the kitchen of our house in the Brainerd neighborhood on the South Side of Chicago, one of my mother - no doubt taken on that same day - proudly setting the dining room table for Easter dinner, and one of me, sitting in my chair on the back porch of our house, looking angelic while clutching my Easter basket. And congratulations - this year you get the one of me.  Looking at that photo never gets old, does it?  I was hoping to take a photograph of one of my friends - Wally, Mark, or ideally, Stuart - wearing a bunny costume, cradling the head for that costume in one arm while starring into the camera, leaving no doubt who that bunny was, but alas, I was not able to arrange that.  My powers of persuasion, on that score, anyway, are sadly lacking.  None the less, Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment