Thursday, April 9, 2020

Remembering Paris...



As I have mentioned before on this blog, my sister Susan and I went to France and Italy last May, and stayed 5 days in Paris at the Hotel Beaugency, located just off Rue Cler, my favorite part of the city.  When I travel by myself, I like to see everything I possibly can, and am therefore on the go from early morning until late at night.  My sister, however, likes to take things slower, and instead of seeing numerous sights, prefers to do things like hang out in cafes, which the Rue Cler area has many.  The previous two times I was in Paris, I did not visit any cafes or restaurants at all, preferring to grab a bite from a convenience store or street vendor, and so this last trip was a much different experience for me.  We began to feel like locals, which can be a bad thing, such as when a waiter at Cafe du Marche came up to our table one night and told us that he undercharged us the night before, and then presented us with a bill for the amount due for the previous evening.  Going local has it's price.  Literally.  In any case, both Susan and I really enjoyed our time in Paris.  If you would like to see some of the photographs I took of that wonderful city last year, feel free to visit my Flickr page at https://www.flickr.com/photos/david_hoyt/albums/72157713810681678.

No comments:

Post a Comment