Sunday, January 8, 2023

A Stuart Beach Flashback


After days of temperatures below freezing here in Denver, and side streets still covered in snow, I have lately been thinking about the good life back in Stuart, Florida. Granted, it sometimes can get cold in Stuart this time of year, but 50 or 60 degrees is a heck of a lot better than temperatures hovering around zero. Of course, even when temperatures are in the 70s, January is still not swimming weather down there, but it is still nice to hang out on Stuart Beach and watch the tourists in their swimsuits pretending to have fun. I took the above photograph of my sister Susan and mother Mary on the boardwalk at Stuart Beach back in August of 1995, a much more appropriate time for going in the ocean. It appears that I snapped that photograph right after Susan came out of the water with her boogie board. I had to throw that boogie board out when Susan and I began renting out my mother's condo after she passed away, but now that Susan is fast approaching 81 years young, I doubt she'll demand I buy her a new one. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment