Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Spanky's Urban Roadhouse - Finally Turning Down The Sound?


My sister Susan and I returned to my Denver condo after her physical therapy session, and found the elevator out of order. Since Susan is having a difficult time walking after a fall, we decided to head to nearby Spanky's to wait until the elevator was back in service. I have not been to Spanky's, located just to the west of the University of Denver campus, in quite a while. The last few times I have been there, the music was turned up so loud you could not hear the person sitting across from you talking, and it actually hurt your ears to sit there. This time, however, the music was turned way down, and there was a fairly decent crowd actually interacting with each other. Was this a fluke, or has Spanky's decided to cater to a more mature, neighborhood type crowd? Let's hope the latter is the case. And by the way, the photograph above is of my sister Susan sitting at our table at Spanky's, contemplating her 90 Shilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment