Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Denver Reflections


I have lived in Denver for over 40 years now, moving here from Chicago, where I grew up. And after all this time, do I still miss Chicago? Definitely - Chicago is a much larger, more cosmopolitan city, and thanks to it's lakefront, far more beautiful a city than Denver. On the other hand, Denver is a much more livable place, with wonderful parks, interesting neighborhoods, and last but not least, just a short drive away from the mountains. Plus, unlike when I first moved here, it now has a major league baseball team, as well as lots of interesting things to do, thanks in large part to the many millions of Californians who have moved here and insisted on not living in a boring place. Of course, mostly due to those same Californians, Denver is now a pretty expensive place to live. I am very thankful I bought a condo across the street from the University of Denver back in 2000. If I hadn't, I would now be living in suburban hell (and yes, I do mean Aurora and Lakewood). Best of all, Denver is just a 2 day drive from either Chicago or San Francisco, and for a quick weekend get-away, it is just 6 hours from Santa Fe. And so, on the whole, I am happy I moved here. Which is good, since I am now far too old to move anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment