Sunday, January 15, 2023

Living The Good Life At 1130 South Michigan


I found the above photograph of my late brother-in-law George in one of two photo albums that were on the back shelf of my sister Susan's townhouse up in Fort Collins. I was cleaning that closet out in the process of getting the place ready to sell, since Susan no longer feels comfortable living by herself anymore, especially in a residence with a steep staircase. One album contained photographs from George's time growing up in the Panama Canal Zone, and the other had photographs from around the time he and Susan met and got married. I suspect the photograph above was taken of George by his friend Dennis in George's studio apartment at 1130 South Michigan Avenue in Chicago, a wonderful building right across the street from Grant Park. That was where he and my sister Susan, who lived in a studio on the 40th floor, met and got married in 1969. I loved that apartment, and also their lifestyle, and wished I could have lived in that building too, although it never happened. Oh well - at least I now live in the paradise that is Colorado. You have to take your paradises where you find them, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment