Thursday, January 12, 2023

The National Western Stock Show!





My sister Susan and I went to the National Western Stock Show this past Tuesday and really enjoyed it. This is a major event here in Denver, and also, as the website says, the "premier livestock, rodeo, and horse show in the country." To me, it is all about the animals, and I just love taking photographs there. On the left is a photograph of some minature cattle who happened to be tied up along the wall as we entered the cattle barn when we first arrived.







The stock show features many youth events and competitions, and at Murdoch's Junior Barn there are many interesting looking (i.e. strange) goats, such as the one in the photograph on the right, waiting for their turn to take part in various competitions. They all seem like very friendly creatures, despite the sign at the front warning they might bite. Nonsense I say, although I did not test them to see if this was true.







On the other hand, looking at this little guy in the photo on the left did give me pause. Why does it have a face mask and full covering over it's body? Is it due to covid, or can't it be trusted to not attack at will? If the latter is the case, what happens when it is in the arena during the big competition? Does it simply attack the other goats, or is it actually entered in some sort of World Wrestling Federation type of event? So many questions, so little time to find out the answers. In any case, it was a fun day and I am definitely glad we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment